In the United States, we have opportunities in the following cities: New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Menlo Park and San Francisco. We are further organized by industry and product groups including Consumer Retail, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Power & Utilities, Healthcare, Industrials, Media & Communications, Mergers & Acquisitions, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Transportation and Technology. When applying, you will be prompted to identify your preferred office location(s) and banking groups.
Summer Analyst Training Program
Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst, working on a variety of corporate transactions, and making meaningful contributions to the delivery of projects.
Summer Analysts will be involved in an immersive orientation program and learn about our culture as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the Firm. In addition, Summer Analysts participate in an intensive division-specific training program focused on developing a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting, and valuation. Upon conclusion of training, Summer Analysts will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of transactions in their assigned group.
Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals during their internship. Summer Analysts have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
The roles and responsibilities of a Summer Analyst vary but may include:
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentation
- Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
- Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Possess basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker and team player
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Investment Banking applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready.
Office Locations: New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Menlo Park and San Francisco
Industry Coverage Groups: Consumer Retail, Financial Institutions, Power & Utilities, Healthcare, Industrials, Latin America, Media & Communications, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Transportation and Technology
Product Groups: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Sponsors
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.