Are you a community-minded person that’s passionate about investing locally and giving back to your community? Do you like working with other awesome and like-minded people toward a common goal?
Here at YNCU, we are all about putting our money where our mouth is and keeping our dollars local and investing back into our members, staff, and community; and we are looking for people like you to join our team.
Take a look at this job posting, and if it’s a good fit, we encourage you to apply. If it’s not for you but you know someone that may be better suited for it, we welcome you to share it with them! Thanks for checking us out!
The Associate Investment Advisor will demonstrate a strong passion for providing sound investment advice and building wealth for our members. The incumbent will provide advice to a core group of Credit Union members, potential members and non-members who hold brokerage accounts elsewhere.
- Focus a practice towards smaller accounts and a core list of mutual funds in order to support the Investment Advisor working with members of higher net worth.
- The incumbent will portray a positive, high-profile image for YNCU as the financial institution of choice by actively pursuing and establishing relationships and business contacts.
- Partner and collaborate with the Member Experience Team, and leaders and subject matter experts across YNCU’s business to continuously develop growth and achieve the Credit Union’s strategic objectives. This collaboration and these partnerships will allow the Associate Investment Advisor to build his or her own portfolio of members while supporting the portfolio members of the Investment Advisor.
- Carry out the job function in accordance with the Credit Union and Caisses Populaires Act as amended from time to time, Corporate Policy, and the Standards of Sound Business and Financial Practices for Ontario Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires
Why work at YNCU?
YNCU employees get to be a part of the growing credit union movement and help us get the word out on why banking locally is so important. We’re your friendly, helpful, and financially savvy neighbour who provides tailored financial services to our members, supports small businesses, creates local jobs, and gives back to causes that matter. Through our Good Neighbours Employee Volunteer Program and Monthly Staff Donation Draws, we even let you choose the causes we donate to and support.
- Competitive Compensation, Incentive Programs and Benefits
- Remote/working from home option if applicable
- 37.5-hour work week
- 7% matching pension
- Benefits are 100% paid for by YNCU including EAP program
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Community Sponsored Events Employee Volunteer opportunities
- Fun Squad
- Free banking account
- Discounted Employee Rates
What we are looking for:
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conducts and Practices Handbook Course (CPH)
- Completion of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification is an asset
- Working knowledge of job specific skills, products, services, and systems as well as YNCU policies and procedures
- Computer literacy including a working knowledge of, but not limited to, Windows and Excel
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable available vehicle
- Ability to travel to assigned YNCU locations as required
- Must be bondable
- Effective networking ability and proven relationship management skills
- Keen business sense with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
Your Neighbourhood Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to career[email protected] with subject line 22-41 Associate Investment Advisor.