About this role
BlackRock has an opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the firm as an Associate-level investment professional in the BlackRock Infrastructure Solutions business, based in New York City. The candidate will support the origination, underwriting, execution, and ongoing management of infrastructure investments (primaries, secondaries, and direct co-investments), predominantly with a focus on North America and Latin America.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions – from private markets offerings seeking to deliver uncorrelated returns, to rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance, to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds, and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock Infrastructure Solutions is a division within BlackRock’s infrastructure investment group. Since its establishment in 2011, BlackRock’s infrastructure investment group has become one of the leading platforms in the industry, managing assets on behalf of institutional and retail investors across the world. BlackRock’s infrastructure investment group encompasses various strategies, including direct private equity, private debt, public securities, and multi-manager investing, executed through commingled funds and separately managed accounts.
BlackRock Infrastructure Solutions is the firm’s infrastructure private equity multi-manager solutions group with offices in New York City, London, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Singapore. BlackRock Infrastructure Solutions is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial business that builds and implements outcome-oriented infrastructure private equity portfolios for institutional investors globally through investments into primary funds, secondaries, and direct co-investments. The team employs a diversified approach, investing across sectors – including transportation & logistics, energy midstream & downstream, power & utilities, telecommunications & digital, social, and environmental – as well as across geographies. With a track record of over 175 investments executed since 2008, BlackRock Infrastructure Solutions has one of the most experienced infrastructure multi-manager teams in the industry.
- Financial modeling: Developing, analyzing, and dissecting financial models to assess investment opportunities
- Investment due diligence: Conducting due diligence and financial review of investment opportunities, preparing investment decision materials, and presenting to the investment committee and clients
- Investment execution: Coordinating with service providers and internal BlackRock groups (e.g. legal, tax, risk) to manage the closing of new investments
- Investment monitoring: Monitoring performance developments in portfolio investments and preparing materials in support of internal performance review meetings, external investor reports, and board meetings
- Market research: Researching and presenting market trends across the infrastructure investment universe
- Portfolio management: Developing fund models, conducting cash flow forecasts, and supporting the portfolio allocation and portfolio construction processes for accounts under management
- Client management: Supporting fundraising and client engagements in the Americas region
- Significant exposure to the infrastructure private equity universe
- Ability to work on a diverse set of transactions across sectors and geographies
- Entrepreneurial team with strong values and a focus on career development
- Collaborative work environment with a transparent investment culture
- Strong brand in the asset management and infrastructure industry
- Ability to travel and work across different global office locations
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic track record
- 2+ years of relevant investment experience or financial training (e.g. infrastructure investment management, private equity, leveraged finance, investment banking, corporate M&A, and/or management consulting)
- Fluency in English
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Financial modelling capabilities (ability to understand and develop operating models, project finance / LBO models, valuation models, fund cash flow models, etc.)
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking with the ability to identify and assess investment risks
- Intellectual curiosity and keen interest in financial markets
- Ability to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Self-starter with interest in undertaking leadership responsibilities over time
- Ability to work with a cross-border team
- Strong interest in infrastructure and multi-manager investing
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, and/or Economics or equivalent
- Business-level proficiency in other languages (written and oral)
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $142,500 – $170,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.