Important Notice to Candidates: Early Submission for the 2024 Graduate Program We appreciate your interest in the 2024 Graduate Program, and we welcome early submissions of expressions of interest. However, we want to provide clarity regarding the application process. Please take note of the following information: Assessment and Interview Schedule: Kindly be aware that our assessment and interview process for the 2024 Graduate Program will commence in February/March 2024.
We encourage you to refer to the annual recruitment process timeline outlined below for a more detailed overview:
- Acceptance of Applications: December 2023 to February 2024
- Application Deadline: Mid February 2024
- Selection Process: End-February to April
- Offer to Successful Candidates: April onwards
- Program Start / Onboarding: September 2024
Investment Analyst – Banking
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Investment Stream. The Analysts will rotate within AIIB’s investment operations to gain experience in identifying, preparing, and monitoring investment projects for public and private sector clients.
About the role:
The Banking Department has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets and Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity.
Investment Analysts – Banking (Graduate Program) are expected to assist project team leaders in the origination and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees), equity market investments (such as indirect equity investments via private equity funds as well as direct equity investments both in corporate platforms and specific projects), and/or capital market investments (such as corporate bonds, green bonds, project bonds and other asset-backed securities).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare field missions and background documents for said missions, including presentations, memos, and reports; coordinate and participate in internal meetings, and conduct follow up and reporting;
- Support project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, legal and ESG issues are considered and mitigants are incorporated in the financing structure;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions;
- Prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Support internal coordination through information exchanges and work with relevant divisions of the Bank;
- Support the team and Management in achieving targets and objectives; and
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the senior management of the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or finance, or related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) or 1-2 years of relevant work experience (with a Master’s degree) in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions.
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments.
- Financial, analytical and modelling skills, and credit skills will be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.