New York, NY
Barclays Capital Inc.
What will you be doing?
Barclays Capital Inc. seeks investment Banking AVP in New York, NY (multiple positions available):
• Responsible for pitching and executing capital markets transactions including bonds, loans and hybrid capital
• Lead a variety of assignments and tasks related to the execution of live deals and/or deal proposals, the execution of transactions, and business development projects
• Hold a significant role in client facing responsibilities including actively managing and developing relationships as well as working to originate business for the firm
• Working on live deals involving products such as bonds, equity and credit derivatives, securitizations, loans, foreign exchange and interest rates
• Responsible for covering clients in the Power & Utilities sector
• Performs financial analysis and modeling, valuations, industry research, business evaluation and strategic assessment, and business and idea generation
• Evaluating current and historical financial data, and interpreting data on price, yield, stability, future market risk trends, economic influences, and other factors
• Analyzes economic and business trends, and will monitor economic, industrial, and corporate developments by analyzing financial information
• Coordinates internal and external processes related to a financing or sale; and supports due diligence functions
• Assists in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals and other written materials
• Discuss strategic direction with senior Investment Bankers, while communicating with and supervising the work of Analysts junior to them
• 25% domestic and international travel required
• May telecommute
What we’re looking for:
• Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Math, Business Management, or related field
• 2 years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our New York, New York location at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary / Rate Minimum/yr: $225,000.00
Salary / Rate Maximum/yr: $225,000.00
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.