In addition to gaining expertise in the sale process, this role will allow the incumbent to develop a strong understanding and knowledge of investment management, fiduciary and financial planning matters.
Specific activities may include:
- Researches prospects utilizing approved tools. Prepares materials (i.e. letters, agreements, marketing updates) for prospect, COI or client meetings and presentations.
- Compile reports for prospects, COI or client meetings and presentations.
- Make necessary arrangements for prospect, COI or client meetings involving travel, audio-visual aides, seminar/lunch/dinner reservations, meetings, seminars, etc
- Perform special projects (i.e. coordinating reports, preparing account analysis and workflow reports) that require responding to specific account inquiries and issues.
- Work with prospect database to implement proactive DRIP campaign to convert leads into prospects.
- Review and organizes all asset/family information and trust documents to assess the banks appointment status, and any discrepancies between documents. Reviews all correspondence and accompanying documentation from prospects and attorneys to assimilate all possible information about new business opportunity.
- Work with Wealth Strategist to maintain active prospect files and reminders to initiate calls for making forward progress.
- Compose letters to prospective clients and follow up with telephone calls to arrange meetings.
- Communicate with partner areas on all aspects of a prospect/client relationship and initiate activity which fulfills a partners or client needs.
- Respond to individual prospects/client inquiries and respond through written correspondence or via telephone.
- Develop knowledge of a full range of trust-oriented services (e.g. personal trusts, living trusts, wills, investment management, security custody, financial consulting, estate and tax planning). Attend meetings and classes to keep abreast of personal financial planning products and services.
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Word, Excel
1-3 years of wealth management or similar experience.
Basic knowledge of personal financial planning, trust and investment products and services.
Organizational and personal computer skills are necessary to prepare materials for prospect and COI meetings and presentations.
Some knowledge of the duties performed within the various departments and divisions of the bank acquired through work experience is required to direct inquiries and requests for client-related information.
Interactive skills are required to understand Wealth Strategist (and prospect) needs and respond with the appropriate solutions.