Department: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: Mar. 22, 2022
Closing Date: Apr. 12, 2022
Strategy Associate – Digital & Technology
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda; (ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment operations (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; (iii) developing and overseeing implementation of relevant policies and procedures related to the Bank’s special funds resources and monitoring the Special Operations; and (iv) developing and monitoring the Bank’s annual business plan to implement the Bank’s strategies and manage the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
SPB is seeking an Associate to support the Department’s work on its analytical priorities, conduct research as well as develop various strategic initiatives to support the execution of AIIB’s Digital Infrastructure Strategy and operationalization of the AIIB Infratech Platform.
Investment Strategy and Research:
- Manage and conduct sectoral and investment research on the latest digital infrastructure and infratech trends and insights.
- Produce high-impact products and presentations that can support investment strategy formation, origination and execution.
- Contribute to the drafting and review of strategic-level documents for internal and external use.
Investment Review and Support:
- Support individual investment reviews as a sector expert and conduct sector strategy reviews at the portfolio level.
- Support the identification of project opportunities, upstream/project preparation, technical due diligence, and strategic engagements of investment projects as required by the Investment Operations departments.
- Support the identification of opportunities, management of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and develop meaningful partnerships that can complement AIIB’s capacity to prepare and deliver projects.
- Support the planning and organizing of high-level conferences, seminars and business development meetings.
Special Project – Infratech Platform Operationalization:
- Support the execution and management of the Infratech Platform and gradually develop the responsibility to become a co-lead for the Platform.
- Socialize infratech value and innovation culture to internal and external stakeholders so that they have full awareness and access to the full spectrum of the resources and services the Platform has to offer.
- Support the delivery of management reports, documents, and presentations to effectively communicate the Bank’s strategic direction, both internally and externally.
- Support the development, upgrade and maintenance of relevant IT systems and other management tools.
- Conduct any other work as required by SPB.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in strategy consultancy, corporate development/partnership, corporate venture, investment banking, corporate finance, investment research, innovation management, technology development, and/or other relevant functions.
- Demonstrated the ability to think strategically about market, industry, business, investment and technology; convey compelling data-driven decisions; and work collaboratively to build consensus.
- Direct experience and knowledge in the innovation, technology, startup, venture capital ecosystem will be an advantage.
- Direct experience and knowledge in one of the infrastructure sectors (energy, transportation, urban, utilities, water, social infrastructure, digital infrastructure) will be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, with a can-do attitude and extremely curious about new things. With a passion for innovations and investments in new technologies and applications to various infrastructure sectors is a must.
- Ability to develop big-picture perspectives while paying strong attention to details. Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique value propositions.
- Strong project management skills and can convert strategic goals into concrete deliverables and measurable outcomes at a program level.
- Proven ability to organize and conduct research and analysis on policies, sectors, and markets with demonstrated success in how key decisions are influenced or shaped as a result.
- Proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; ability to think independently while working under supervision; collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to a team’s work and output in a service-oriented manner.
- High level of personal integrity, self-motivation, sense of responsibility and genuine commitment to the corporate values of the AIIB.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. While no preference is given to fields of study for higher education, candidates should demonstrate that they can think independently on first principles, be extremely curious about new things and technologies and see opportunities with true cognitive diversity.
- Fluent in oral and written English (plus any one other language, computer programming languages will also count).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences, and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.